Monday, August 18, 2008

More photos of London










See, I've managed to remember to take my camera with me now! Unfortunately I uploaded the photos rather stupidly so they're out of order. First is Picadilly Circus seen from Regent St; I was walking back after having been to Carnaby St. Then there's the entrance to the Farm St Church. This was 50m west of Berkely Sq, literally in the heart of Mayfair. I could survive living there (though I doubt I could afford a week's rent...). Beautiful inside as well, I'll take more photos of it and of Berkely Sq when I go back for the youth mass - first Sunday in September. Then there's a liner seen from Tower Bridge. I was walking home after mass and thought it looked gigantic and that Dad might like to see it. Next is St Martin's in the Fields, behind which the National Gallery; I'm standing with my back to the Gallery looking down Trafalgar Sq for the shot of the Olympic screen at base of Nelson's column.
Carnaby St itself is next, and an awesome second hand shop selling original Mod gear. Prices weren't original however! Also no ear-rings Mum, sorry. Mostly suits, shoes, jackets and t-shirts. Great shoes I will buy at some point. Bowling shoes but coloured like the Union Jack!
Finally there's Regent St as I came back onto that from Carnaby.
At home made a fantastic lentil and vegetable curry. I sauteed the onions and spices in vinegar instead of water, adding two huge spoons of peanut butter just before serving. It was hot, with a sour edge, and the peanut butter gave it a nice earthy base. Really flavoursome!

1 comment:

Leonie said...

Oh, I'm envious - visiting Carnaby St from the Mod era! Sad about the earrings....