Saturday, October 25, 2008

Chocolate Soup!



After my missing (gerund again! yes!) the chocolate festival in Brighton I've been wanting chocolate soup the entire week. I've searched recipes - the net has heaps - and decided to try one without cream first. I don't really like cream very much.

Turned out really well, and for once I'm also not ashamed of my photography! The bowl is on the windowsill in the kitchen.

It tastd like eating melted chocolate, as you do when you've melted some cooking chocolate and are running your finger around the bowl afterwards, but the consistency was smoother, more like a creamy punpkin soup. Really delicious! And very rich; but I wanted another bowl immediately anyway...

Here's the slightly adapted recipe I used (apart from my changes it's 1/6th of the original):

2/3 cup skim milk

75g light condensed milk

1 dessert spoon dark rum (much more than the original which also called for kahlua instead)

A line of dark bittersweet chocolate chopped up

Pinch of salt

Dash of cinammon

Whisk everything together, bring to a simmer, then turn down to low and, whisking frequently, cook for another 20mins. Then whisk through 1/3tsp vanilla extract and 1/4tsp ground coffee.

I can't say how much I adored it! But will try another recipe this week just to be adventurous.

2 comments:

Leonie said...

Oh, yum! I will have to make it! And I love the pic - the window sill and the garden...

Leonie said...

So, could one have this as a first course? I'm planning a dinner for All Saints....