Saturday, July 26, 2008

A blast from the past

Went letterboxing with the Southward Conservatives this morning, and it felt like I had never left Adelaide! There three others than myself and they were all quite friendly and welcoming. The similarities with politics back home often made me want to laugh - for instance on the way there the driver asked the other guy in the car whether to go left or right, and was told to do three rights, because they never go left...this is exactly the joke that Nick, Luke and I used to make with our friends, except that as good moderate Liberals we had it the other way around. The flyer was very professional, so there is clearly more money here than back home.
Anyway, it was a worthwhile way to spend my morning, and good to get out of my room and speak to people before I send myself insane with my own thoughts! I'm told they're out every Saturday morning, so I'll be back out again next week.
For the rest of today, hoping to go to Timon of Athens (standing in the yard at the Globe for 5 pounds, if there's still a ticket free), then tomorrow will take a lazy day, no exercise and the 11am missa cantata at the Oratory because of the morning tea afterwards. And will treat myself to a curry for lunch at a restaurant that Nick and I loved. Should be good!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds quite interesting - how bizarre that political people are the same the world over. Also slightly depressing, lol.

Leonie said...

Ha, ha! You were hangingn oput with right bwing right wingers! And you know we are left wing right wingets....Politics is the same, isn't it?