Sunday, August 17, 2008

Battersea and other travels










Ok...shots taken yesterday. The first is Charing Cross Rd, looking up towards the bookshops I managed to stop myself entering; also Leicester Sq station. The National Gallery is 50m behind me. Then having turned left and walked 100m or so I'm standing in the NW corner of Leicester Sq, first looking East and then South. There're other shops obscured by the trees. Next, having taken the overland train to Clapham Junction I stepped out into Falcon Rd, Battersea; 15 mins later I reached Rosenau Cr, where I looked at a room in a flatshare. This is the street with all the trees. It's quite cheap and the people seem friendly; however it would be an hour commute to work...In two minds. Final three photos were taken on my way to and from shopping yesterday morning so everything's out of chronological order really. (It's after crossing Tower Bridge). The first is walking towards the supermarket past a yacht mooring - the huge white one is from Dubai - Waitrose itself and heading back. In the 'back' shot you can see Jim Ferguson's Tower Hotel in the background. I'm walking in Biggles' territory!


1 comment:

Leonie said...

Cool - like living in Biggles and Dr Who land.