Thursday, August 21, 2008

Last few days



These pics are Camden Town - the punk/goth centre of London. First shot is looking down Camden Rd to the markets, second is two shops selling large boots and leather gear. There were lots of these! Also quite a few second hand clothing stores I want to check out so will be making the trip back there soon with a recharged camera - two photos were all the batteries could stand. The other noteworthy sight was police patrols...I saw 6 seperate patrols in the half hour I was there, one of them handcuffing a youth who had apparently been harassing some girls. So a cool place but not somewhere I'll be living!
Camden Town was Tuesday. That night I went down to Hammersmith to check out the Ninjutsu dojo there. It was relaxed, not at all gung-ho, 'pain don't hurt'. Cheap too at 3 pounds a lesson (they train Tue & Wed) with 10 pounds annual insurance. I think I'll be going back.
And last night visited the City of London fencing club, also very relaxed, very friendly. I had just come to watch but they gave me a lesson both for me to see how much I remembered and for them - they don't take beginners. Still I could do the stance, the steps back and forth, and the lunges were coming back. They think I'm good enough to come back and fence so I'll probably do that too. It's 30 pounds for a month, fencing Mon, Wed and Fri - though I don't think I would make it more than once a week. I have a great fear of commitment and nearly wimped out of even visiting both places!

1 comment:

Leonie said...

Oh, the kids will be envious about the fencing!